Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collaboration ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

Collaboration ideas Empty
PostSubject: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Who wants to collaborate on something? Me! alien

Here, as it's so aptly titled, is the place to post ideas for any writing one wishes to do with another member.

Here's mine: The Adventures of William P. Ghostman, P.I.

Genre: Supernatural/Detective.
Collaboration bit: I imagine we could first establish the basic tenets of the character, then write our own short little stories about his different cases. I've always wanted to try writing in this genre. Anybody else?
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 am

I'm always up for it, depending on my time and schedule...although I've never written anything with a mystery twist to it...
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm

I haven't either. I'm sure they require quite a bit of plotting, being that those stories revolve wholly around the twist.

This isn't anything with a time-limit. I just think it would be cool to be writing together from some established ground and see what the other can do with it, then continue building on top of that.

Yay teamwork!
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 am

I think that if we want to start something like this, it might be a bit better to do it AFTER NaNoWriMo...but that's just me...

Plus it'll give us time to try and develop this character and things he can/not do and what he experiences on a day-to-day basis and stuff like that...you know, the sort of important stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Hrm. Good call, Yaz.

You write the hell out of that 50,000 word novel! I think I will sit out this Nanowrimo; I'm in a short story writing frenzy that I don't want to end.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 am

Now that I think about it, after I read what I wrote I think it sounds like I'm just putting it off despite the fact that I really want to collaborate on something...oh well!

Procrastinators unite!...tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Raduvad

Raduvad

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 pm

I like the idea of a shared world character. I'd like to give it a short story shot. Though, I am wondering, is his name a pun on purpose, that is, is he a ghost? Or is it more of a "named for my profession" kind of thing. Because I've had a wavy little strain of an idea for a ghost detective flapping somewhere in my mind for a while. Maybe I could put the few cohesive thoughts I've picked out into this project.
And hey, if it's only a name, I'd like to option the rights for a ghost sidekick. :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.JamesVanEaton.com
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:53 pm

"William P. Ghostman" was the first name that popped in my head when I made him. I didn't imagine him as a ghost, but I could certainly see that working in his favor - perhaps he could have been killed in the line of duty and that's when he became a ghost? With his surname it's just ironic enough to work!
Back to top Go down
Wolfstar

Wolfstar

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:54 am

Ah, good ol' Ghostman. This is the same Ghostman from that Collab on the other forum we didn't get too far in, right? I might have some interest in joining, but as Yaz said, after NaNo, and after I get that novel finished in general.
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm

It certainly is! And I'm all for playing the waiting-game. After Nano my school term will be coming to an end and I'll have much more time to plan this out.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 am

SPEAKING of the collab for the other forum...

(WOW, I'm coming back in on this conversation really late in the game...)

Do we perhaps want to try and bring that back? I mean, we've kind of let that sit for a while, but who knows? With Rav here he could possibly bring in a fourth perspective and help to either write the story or send it straight to hell...it's a risk I'm willing to take, though!
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:54 pm

"If he really thinks we're the devil... then let's send him to hell!"
-Blue Oyster Cult lyric

I'd love too! But I ain't gonna commit to anything until the term is over.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Sweet...let's bring back Dis from the dead, shall we?

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:51 pm

And ol' what's-his-face! You know, that one guy who was solar powered and tended to run away from things.

Geez, I don't even remember my own character's name. Shows how much thought I put in my writing process.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Or it shows how much that you've forgotten all of the shit that's happened since what, April? Yeah...there you go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collaboration ideas   Collaboration ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collaboration ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scribes of the DAMNED! :: The Thinkery-
Jump to: