Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

10/15 - 10/19: Origin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

10/15 - 10/19: Origin Empty
PostSubject: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:57 am

OK...so here goes nothing with the new dream board...

I find myself in a vast wasteland, gray all around me (the sky even darkens above me...) and nothing but a slight breeze and dust blowing around me. Again, this place feels extremely familiar, yet extremely foreign at the same time...(yet another common similarity in many of these things...)

I hear a footstep other than mine hit the ground behind me, kicking up a bit of gray dust that covers my leg. I turn around to find a twenty-something young woman: slender, porcelain-white skin, mid-back length straight indigo hair, piercing (what appear to be) purple (?) eyes, and an overall nihilistic demeanor. She bends down and picks up a handful of the dust, only to watch it blow and scatter in the breeze. Upon closer inspection, it appeared as if she was not even breathing...

She looks down at the ground again and repeats the process of picking up dust and watching it scatter to the winds. After what seems to be an eternity, I finally ask what the purpose of her watching the dust blow away was. She only tilts her head to the side, almost like a confused dog. She then continued to pick up the dust and watch it blow in the wind, almost as if entranced by the floating gray specks flying off in the distance. I begin to walk away from her, feeling as if nothing would ever come of it, but I suddenly feel constricted by something. I turn around to see the girl glaring at me, her eyes glowing some shade of purple (this was certain now), an arm with a single finger pointed directly at me.

She looks at me, arm outstretched as stated, and then moves both arm and gaze toward the sky. I begin to float off the ground as she points and stares, until I'm directly overhead. She then takes yet another handful of dust and releases it; however, instead of scattering to the winds, it rises straight up into me. This, though, is more than mere dust: it seems to be more like glass shards cutting and rubbing against my skin. I feel cuts forming on my exposed flesh and I begin to see blood drip earthward, almost in a hypnotic, rain-like fashion. The girl continues directing dust upwards, watching the blood hit the ground with a sort of sadness and apathy (or that's what it looked to me anyway).

Finally, after six handfuls of this dust cutting into me and making me bleed, she stops. I am gently brought back to the ground...well, not really: I'm still levitating maybe six inches or so from the ground, right above the blood-stained ground. The girl looks at me with those sad purple eyes and touches my cheek with her hand; it looks as if she's about to cry, but at the same time she looked incapable of doing so. The blood underneath us began to glow red, as if something huge was going to happen. I'm freaking out after all of this, because it's only natural to do so...she calms me down and whispers in my ear:

"You are the Origin. Cleanse this earth and make it prosper once more..."

And then everything went white, then black...

So yeah...somewhat more trippy than normal, I would assume...but then again, it's pretty normal for me to be somewhat trippy with these things, am I right?
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:52 pm

What are you waiting for, Mr. Clean? Cleanse away!

Seems normal enough for you, certainly. I'm starting to get the feeling that something slightly spooky on the other side of consciousness is trying to get your attention. Better start taking notes.
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Well, you know Halloween is coming up in less than two weeks now...so it could be something involving that...? But the whole cleansing and rebirth of the world...it's something strange, and normally I'd be dead after something like that...so it's interesting...

And really, what the hell is my subconscious trying to tell me? I have no idea, but I'm not gonna shut him/her/it up because it's giving me something to write about anyway! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:37 pm

...and we all know inspiration for writing is always welcome, especially if it comes from your own mind. Then it's easy as hell to put it on the page 'cause it's already on the tips of your fingers!

I had one of those moments last night. I woke from a dream, but I wasn't quite fully awake so I could still hear voices; as if I were still dreaming. The creepiest thing? The voices were talking about me. Shocked

Now there's some inspiration.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Of course...it's all a matter of what you do with it...I just leave it out for the world to see...you may actually do something with it...

It's just...what the hell does it mean by cleansing the world and making it prosper...? It's really bad...just because it's kind of mysterious...and it's my subconscious...so anything really goes with that...
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:09 pm

I don't know.... what to tell you... yaz....

uh-oh... I seem.. to be.. drowning......... in........ ellipses...................

...............*choke!*......................................

Though it's certainly strange, it's always a mistake to ignore one's subconscious. It truly knows ourselves better than we do; mainly because it is ourselves. I always think of my conscious mind as an aberration of my true self; a distorted, perverted reflection cast in reality's mirror of the mundane.

But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 am

And, as you have no doubt have borne witness to, my subconscious just likes to mess with me...but hey, there are a lot of people that like messing with me too...just not on this type of scale...

Hopefully there'll be something in the future that helps to clear this up...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10/15 - 10/19: Origin   10/15 - 10/19: Origin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10/15 - 10/19: Origin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scribes of the DAMNED! :: Pages of the Scribes :: High_Inquisitor's Musings of Insanity (Dream Journal)-
Jump to: