Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Plan 2011

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfstar

Wolfstar

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Ok, since Yaz and I are going to do the 1k a day thing all next year (I'm actually shooting for the rest of forever, but you know, baby steps...), I figured I'd post my thoughts and order of attack.

I'm either going to start with Shattered Tower or my big epic fantasy series, Herendil (getting a rename because Tolkien has done everything... meh). I figure since my first draft of the first two Herendil books were written while I was in early high school, doing it as a YA series would be wise. And, I've broken it into 3 parts. A trilogy, followed by a quadrilogy, and ending with another trilogy. The first one certainly works as YA. The second two might need to be stepped up a bit (with the main characters getting older and the content getting darker and such). Also, while the Wolfverse connections are there and important, they're mostly in the background until near the end, giving me plenty of time to develop these things further.

So, I'm going to slam out the first trilogy in that and probably write Shattered Tower of Dark Overlord Saga when I need to step away from those things.

Also, if I'm going to do not-Herendil as YA, that means the series starting with Nexus of Binding can be a more mature thing, haha.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 am

Good luck with that! God knows we're gonna need it! Mad

I've made a separate board for my story ideas/progress. I think I'm going to end up making Erondir Itterra into a trilogy of some sort, although for the time being I've got a few ideas floating around in my head and on the board. For all intents and purposes, I'm getting most of my inspiration from a lot of fantasy RPGs (specifically FF6...DAMN YOU, KEFKA!!!), although I'm making my own stuff to go along with it as well. While it's not all original (Because Tolkien has done everything...meh), it's at least getting me to write and make my own universe.

Wait, this isn't my board! Dammit, I'm taking up space in Wolf's board! Mad Mah bad!

Back to top Go down
Wolfstar

Wolfstar

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:47 am

Hey, you're fine. I won't charge you rent, I don't think =P
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:51 am

You can't do that to me! I'm already being charged by Rhaps for every time my subconscious starts acting up!

Nice to see you're still alive, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:44 am

"Since Yaz and I are going to do the 1k a day thing..." Hello?! Rhaps here too, don't ya know! I made it clear that I'm also going to be participating in this slave-to-the-keyboard endeavor.

I myself am not planning on writing any fantasy oriented novels (because Tolkien has done everything...meh). Instead, I will smear my literary excess across several projects (have I said this already?) and whichever one looks to be the most appealing after being decorated with my writing seed will be what I choose to focus on for long periods of time; I'll simultaneously be juggling several stories' paternity suits, due to my negligence in keeping my pen uncapped.
*BZZT!*
Gah! Damn these sex pants!

I can't believe the amount you wrote in high school, Wolf. Two drafts of F.N. books? Now that's admirable. When I was in highschool I was either circulating between my different Blizzard addictions (Diablo II, Warcraft III, Starcraft), psychologically torturing the family dog, or watching episodes of anime and developing a very early case of nihilism - I assure you that the two were connected.

Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Whatever works for you, Rhaps. I'm working on my stuff, as well as just a few other things, the biggest side project would be finishing "Anathost", because it still sits in my hard-drive collecting dust. However, I said that I would not touch it until January when my words start counting again. I do know, however, how it should end. That is to say, however, that it's not going to change...

But yes! Let us all endeavor in this pursuit of massive amounts of words together! Sign up on the WriYe forums if you haven't yet done so (if you even care about it) and help out the Speculative Fiction house in the Genre Cup (again, if you care at all...you don't have to do it or anything...)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Plan 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Plan 2011   Game Plan 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Plan 2011
Page 1 of 1