Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!   Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:03 am

So...today in my History 111 classroom we were discussing the Civil Rights Movements of the 50s and 60s when I had a brilliant (if maybe somewhat overdone) idea!

In the future (on Earth or some other Earth-like planet), technology will have become so great that humans may have the option to receive either genetic enhancements from other species of animals or mechanized enhancements. Despite their "superiority" over the original human race, they are prejudiced against because of their differences--for example, facilities are either delegated for humans only (still the majority, seeing as these treatments are dangerous and for the most part expensive), mechs (technology-enhanced humans) only, or Moreaus (genetically modified humans with animalistic traits) only. Someone from one side, however, decides to make a stand for all to live in equality, no matter what kind of DNA or machinery lies underneath the skin...

Feel free to go ahead and steal this idea for yourselves, if you so choose! I'd be interested to see what you guys could come up with!
Back to top Go down
Wolfstar

Wolfstar

PostSubject: Re: Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!   Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm

See Old Man's War by John Scalzi.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!   Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 pm

You know, I figured that it'd had been done before, but someone can always recycle ideas! It does seem to be a good read, however...if I find a copy lying around somewhere I'll start reading it posthaste!

Offer still stands, though...go for the topic if you so choose! It might be something cool for WriYe!
Back to top Go down
Wolfstar

Wolfstar

PostSubject: Re: Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!   Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:45 am

I wasn't suggesting you read it to dissuade you, just to show you how it had already been done before so you can do it in a different way, haha.

That, and his novels have all been published recently, which can be either good or bad for your venture.

And thirdly, because he also pulled a lot of ideas from Starship Troopers.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!   Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Again, though, I'm placing this idea out for everyone's use! Feel free to use it if you so choose. I, however, have a bigger fish to fry for WriYe, and I'm still currently in the planning stages still...I'm working on a religion right now and hopefully soon I'll move onto something with magic and politics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!   Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civil Rights...OF THE FUTURE!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scribes of the DAMNED! :: Plot Twists!-
Jump to: