Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

National Novel Writing Year!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

National Novel Writing Year! Empty
PostSubject: National Novel Writing Year!   National Novel Writing Year! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:03 pm

OK...if NaNoWriMo wasn't bad enough for your sanity...

Introducing WriYe: the twisted brain-child of Chris Baty that takes 365 days to complete! (Yes, that's right, it takes a lot of time to do this!) The objective is to pick a word goal and reach it by the end of the year (Much like Wolf and I are planning on doing, except this is with OFFICIAL-NESS!!!), be it as simple as 50k or as much as 1 Million (Yes, ONE MILLION...THAT'S A LOT OF WORDS, I KNOW!)...anyway, here's a bit of fun calculations for words per day you've got to do to hit some milestones!

50k-- 137 Words/Day
100k-- 274 Words/Day
250k-- 685 Words/Day
500k-- 1370 Words/Day
750k-- 2055 Words/Day
1000k-- 2740 Words/Day

Damn...that's a lot of writing...oh well! I'm up for trying to do 500k in 365! Who's with me!?

http://wriye.co.nr/

Here's the homepage...enjoy! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Year!   National Novel Writing Year! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Ah-heh-heh-heh.... Uh....

Put simply: no way, no how.

I could not possibly focus this much effort into a single novel. I'm with Ambrose Bierce in his opinion on the medium: "A short story padded."
Instead, I'm going to scatter my 365,000 words over a variety of things.
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Year!   National Novel Writing Year! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 pm

That's another way that people go around doing it...although I think that I've got the ability to go for it...I mean, I'm working on creating a world and characters and tons of situations for the rest of the month so come 1/1/11 I'll be ready to go!

Besides, I'll have other things to help pad my word count...like papers...and poems...and essays...and more poems...and yeah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Year!   National Novel Writing Year! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Novel Writing Year!
Page 1 of 1