Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Muphry's Law

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

Muphry's Law Empty
PostSubject: Muphry's Law   Muphry's Law I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 am

So...interesting little tidbit of information I came across here...

We've all heard of Murphy's Law (Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong); but have you ever heard of MUPHRY'S Law!?

Muphry's Law states that "if you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written." (Thank you, Wikipedia!) Here are the four parts to it:

(a) if you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written;
(b) if an author thanks you in a book for your editing or proofreading, there will be mistakes in the book;
(c) the stronger the sentiment expressed in (a) and (b), the greater the fault;
(d) any book devoted to editing or style will be internally inconsistent.

Basically, if a mistake is as plain as the nose on your face, everyone can see it but you. Unless, of course, you look at it cross-eyed, but no one really does that for long, do they?
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

Muphry's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muphry's Law   Muphry's Law I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 pm

You ever think that (a) is due to spite, and (b) is from pigheadedness and a personality so anal one could justifiably call it "bum-hole"?

Having said that, I think this principle is extremely true.
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com

Muphry's Law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scribes of the DAMNED! :: Things I can't think of a category for-
Jump to: