Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 pm

After much deliberation I've chosen to participate in Nanowrimo this November. I reached this decision about a half-hour ago, when I recalled a particular story I had meant to write but had so far failed to do so.

This idea came to me after I had awoken from a long period of slumber. I was in the process of drifting off to sleep again when I noticed these grey blobs in my vision (while my eyes were closed, of course). My thoughts wandered and, surprisingly, whatever I thought of would be formed by these shapes. I let my mind float aimlessly from image to image, until my sight was filled with this particular vision: two noble looking men were standing in the portal of a great stone arch. Their backs were turned to me, but I could see beyond their forms to the fields they looked upon; there were great meadows of green bordered by deep and hallow forests, which were themselves overshadowed by glacier peaks that rose majestically toward the heavens.
After seeing this I immediately opened my eyes, and the peculiar thing is this: my mind intrinsically knew who these august men were and what it was they looked upon. I went to my writing desk and began to jot down everything I knew about what I had seen, with a zeal the likes of which I have yet to again possess. It is these notes, jotted down in the early hours of the morning, that form the basis of my intended novel.

After thinking about it, I've realized that this idea might not reach 50,000 words in length; and in the interest of not forcing myself to write more than I feel is necessary, when I finish it I shall fill in the remainder of my word count with short stories.

That sounds good to me. What else am I gonna do? Study?
P-faw!
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Indeed, young sir! Join me in the sanity-deprivation that is NaNoWriMo!!! [insert evil laughter here]

I'm all ready to go...just gotta wait for it to hit midnight here...then I can "officially" start...damn you clock!!!
Back to top Go down
Raduvad

Raduvad

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I would love to do Nano some time. The freedom just going full tilt sounds intoxicating. Sadly (and I can't believe I'm using that word here) I have too many people waiting for my next books to mess around. What an awesome problem to have, but still...some day.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.JamesVanEaton.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:16 pm

So...Rhaps...just want to know something real quick like...

Can I see what you've done with your WriMo so far!? PLEASE!?
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Ah-ha-ha... ya see, the thing about that is... well...

Fire alarm!

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*he gone!*

--------------------------------------------------------------

*eh-hem*... that is to say, I've hardly worked on the thing. I sat down and racked my brain and just couldn't think of how I wanted to tell the story. I should be done with a few projects this weekend though; I'll post them soon as they're finished.
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Sad to see that you've dropped out. Now I think it's just me and Wolf...

The good news? I'm ahead of schedule still and in extremely good shape to finish early! Better yet, after this week marching band is officially over and done with! I WILL HAVE EXTRA TIME TO WRITE!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 pm

This novel thing, she just ain't my gal; at least, not within any feasible time constraints. I'm just too damn scatterbrained to focus on one thing for too long.

Maybe with more practice...
Back to top Go down
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:16 am

Hell, I haven't written anything worth noting since...well, it's been a long time. And now look at me! Diving back into writing head-first! Yeah, the water's colder than I remember it, but I'm surviving! (And this is the first time I'm actually doing the NaNoWriMo! Huzzah!)

Practice is overrated...god, I sound like an idiot when I say that Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010   Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhapsode's Nanowrimo 2010
Page 1 of 1