Scribes of the DAMNED!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribes of the DAMNED!

A forum for a few select writers who mostly work in horror, fantasy, and science fiction.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy! Empty
PostSubject: Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!   Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! May the good Lord rain buckets of cranberry sauce upon you and all your loved ones.
What's one thing everybody's thankful for?

Me? Socks.
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
High_Inquisitor

High_Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!   Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 am

I say I'm thankful for tubas and my deranged murderous subconscious...that's pretty much all that needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
Raduvad

Raduvad

PostSubject: Re: Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!   Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:59 am

We did a video recording (Via phone. The future is here!) and everybody went around the Thanksgiving table and paid homage to their idea of thanks. Everybody said something trite and blandly whimsical, like something you'd see on a third tier Hallmark card, and when I gave thanks for the nostalgia and memories my aunt and uncle's house brought up in me, I got a collective look as though I'd offered to rape the turkey American Pie style.
My family has no sense of poetry.
I'm glad I have you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JamesVanEaton.com
Rhapsode
Admin
Rhapsode

PostSubject: Re: Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!   Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:10 pm

I love you

There ain't many of us on this board, but we certainly can appreciate waxing poetical.

My Thanksgiving was superficially different but fundamentally the same. My family (extended, the actual one is rambling around southwest England) went around the table airing their various sarcastic criticisms, mild to offensive jokes, and cynical wit. Whenever it gets to me, I just don't know what to say! I'm fine with typing this sort of thing, but making jokes about those present is more mean spirited than I can bear. So, of course, by my verbal absence amidst the charade I become the butt of the humor.

At least the food was good...
Back to top Go down
https://thosedamnedscribes.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!   Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hap's Gobbles Day ev'ryb'dy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scribes of the DAMNED! :: Announcements-
Jump to: